Wednesday, April 13, 2011

NY Food Finds- Q


After my last Port Chester dining experience, I was left wanting something more. Thankfully, at the advice of many people around campus, Q (112 N. Main St., Port Chester, NY 10573) came as a potential savior of my hunger. Located just down the street (literally 2 blocks) away from Bartaco, Q is adorned with an orange banner that can be seen from all the way down Main Street. Q is locally famous for their barbeque dishes, and all-you-can-eat ribs on Monday, which is why we were there. We were greeted by a fellow Purchase student working the front counter who assured us that our meal was about to be fantastic. She explained to us that we order up at the counter, and then take a seat at one of the numbered tables and wait for a server to bring over our ordered drinks and food (remember to tip!!).


The view of the front from Table 11!


They have an upstairs seating area for when it gets super busy.


Again, we went to Q because it was a Monday and they have the all-you-can-eat Ribs special ($19.95) and it includes two sides. You can choose from Hickory Pit Baked Beans, Cheesy Corn, Mac 'n Cheese, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, or Collard Greens. I chose the Mac 'n Cheese and Cheesy Corn, which I must say, were great. Q also has a micro-brew tap special on Mondays-Fridays for $3 and, because I love good beer, couldn't resist a Hoeegarden.


Beer in the early afternoon is one of my favorite things.
They have their own sauce too!




My friend ordered the Kitchen Sink Burger ($12.00) which is topped with a HUGE portion of Pulled Pork, 3 large strips of Bacon, Cheese, and burger fixings (including Jalepenos).There's not much to say about that burger besides the fact that it's a shame that its too large to fit in your mouth all at once. It was delicious, in fact, I think my friend got mad because I was eating too much of it... Anyway... Anytime I hear all-you-can-eat, I jump at the chance to try to eat as much as my body can handle. The Ribs at Q were perfect. The bark was right, the size was right, and the amount of fat and cartilage was proportionate to the size of the ribs. I was only able to eat two refilled plates, but that was plenty.


The "Sink Burger". Yeah, its huge.


I accidentally ate a rib before I took the picture.


Did I love it? Yes. Will I go back? Next Monday. I think this'll be a weekly thing for me and my friends now.


Highly Recommended!


Make sure you "Like" our new Facebook Page!! Search "NY Food Finds"!

No comments:

Post a Comment